Friday, March 1, 2013

I Believe God can do that... for you


 



 

 

The words flowed naturally as I typed the text to one of my dearest friends and precious prayer warriors. I believed every word I typed. I believed that God was bigger than the odds against the situation. I believed that God was more than capable of doing something absolutely incredible. I believed with great conviction the words of my most recent fave jam "You are I AM!" I believe He is I AM! I hit send with a smile on my face and utter conviction in my heart that God could do this HUGE thing in her life if He saw fit. For the great I AM did defeat Goliath with a single stone. He called David, a simple shepherd, to rule over a nation. He protected Daniel from the den of lions. He rose Jarius' daughter from the dead. He saved Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendego from the fiery furnace. He loved and cared for the fatherless. I believe every story, every page, every word is proof of the divine and awesome work of a God who is capable of things we can not fathom. So I smiled to myself at the great proof I sent her, that if it was in accordance with His will He would do it! Nothing is too crazy for God! Yet I believe nothing prepared me for the response I recieved from one of the godliest women I know. "I hope you are thinking the same positive way...." Oh, how thankful I am for her!

In the words of my sister "boom roasted"! All the breathe left my lungs because I knew the truth. I knew that God could move mountains, He could heal the leper and the blind, He could bless the barren woman with a child, and He could hear the prayers of His children and He could answer. And He WOULD answer...everyone else... not me. You see I have discovered that recently I have believed God for AWESOME things for other people (totally ignoring what He has already done for me)! I believe He will answer my "little" prayers but this prayer is too crazy, too big, too unbelievable to happen to me. So lately I've been the one to laugh at the audacity of my prayers...I have been Sarah.

"The LORD said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife shall have a son.” And Sarah was listening at the tent door behind him. Now Abraham and Sarah were old, advanced in years. The way of women had ceased to be with Sarah. So Sarah laughed to herself, saying, “After I am worn out, and my lord is old, shall I have pleasure?” The LORD said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son.” But Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh,” for she was afraid. He said, “No, but you did laugh.” (Genesis 18) Yet a year later Sarah held the promise that she had laughed at. Her prayers had been answered by the great I AM! For nothing is too hard for the LORD!

 Seriously what is too crazy for God? I have to ask...what are you laughing at today?  I wonder what would happen if we REALLY BELIEVED in the great I AM? This is when the rubber meets the road! When our faith is tested! Believing that He can (if it is in accordance to His good and perfect will) bless us when the odds are against us, to give us a platform far beyond what we ever imagined, set us free from a debt, to bring back a wayward child, and to heal the cancer that has overtaken the body. To believe that HE is more than capable of doing more "than all we could ask or imagine". Because if we believed this way we could understand that no matter the outcome He will do something crazy awesome because that is the God He is! I'm not saying that this crazy ridiculous prayer will be answered exactly as I desire it to be. I'm not saying that because I want it more than anything in my life I will recieve it. What I am saying is that I believe HE CAN DO IT not just for others but for me! If He chooses not to allow it...watch out something even crazier is coming my way...and yours! You and I need to believe that GOD CAN DO ANYTHING! FOR NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE GREAT I AM! NOTHING!


He's BIG and I'm little,
   ~Bets

2 comments: