Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Y'all I think I just ate my tooth



Who knew when I was born without a permanent front tooth it would cause an issue at 24.I had taken two bites of corn on the cob and in one of those bites was my front tooth! Yep..that is for real people! I smile with my toothless grin and laughter erupts including my own, which must have made for a great picture. I then proceed to try and make myself throw up with a glass of warm salt water and my trusty fingers in the yard...not my proudest moment! Now I am sick to stomach and toothless. I have to fly out the next morning with NO FRONT TOOTH! Can you imagine??? Well I can do more than that! I lived it! Then I try to make a fake tooth out of a cuetip to stick in my clear retainer. Don't hold this redneck move against me...girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! I mean my single status is destined to remain that way if I don't use redneck ingenuity.

Monday morning my dentist became my new best friend. Mind you I did not tell them this because I could not even correctly pronounce "best"! I laid down in the chair with my large gaping hole praying for a miracle. After 2.5 hours my hole had been replaced by a spanking new tooth! My sweet dental hygenist...aka my HERO created and scuplted a tooth OUT OF NOTHING!You know what, it actually looked so much better than the first one! The tooth that was there before was not the perfect fit or looked like my God-given tooth. The old one was now broken and not to mention MISSING! She took time slowly and diligently scultping and molding to make it perfect. Woohoo! I can say that now without sounding like I am whistling!

As I looked in the mirror at the scultped and created tooth I could not help but think that this is what God has done with us! Genesis 2:7 says "the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." God scuplted and created man out of NOTHING! Then get this it's the BEST PART...not only did He form us from nothing but when we prayed for a miracle for the gaping hole in our hearts He replaced it with a new heart, one that was much better than the scarred and broken heart that was there before. Ezekiel 36:26 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh". He took time to diligently form our hearts and sculpt it to remove what was broken and missing! So that it would no longer be broken, so that it would be the perfect fit, and so that it would match His!

He's Big and I'm Little (with a new tooth and heart!),
Bets
betsbol@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. That is nice. We shouldn't be too wracked up by flaws, which we are either born with or aquire while living our lives. Mistakes are there to be corrected. We should never lack the ability to make them right, whether it's a dental problem or otherwise.

    Jamie DeFinnis @ Back Mountain Dental

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a funny way of telling us a tale that’s rather unfortunate. Haha! Well, it’s all about looking at the bright side. It’s better to laugh at these things, rather than mope around and do nothing. I hope that visit to the dentist fixed those dental issues for good!.

    Calandra Novak @ Mullaloo Dental Centre

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that your lost front tooth was already replaced by a new sparkling one. You can now smile freely without any worries. Hahaha! In any way, thanks for sharing that, Betsy! I hope that you won't encounter any dental-related issues once again. All the best to you!

    Shannon Barrett @ Best Care Dental Center


    ReplyDelete