Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Laughter... Just do it



Sometimes I do the absolute dumbest things. If I named all of them you would be concerned about my brain activity and I would be embarassed. Just to give you an overview of my awesome moments in the last month: I was returning from Texas, going through 3 airports, 3 different states, and seeing hundreds of people all with my shirt inside out. I did not cover the blender while it was full of my delicious smoothie. As a result I wore it instead of drank it. I then proceeded to break the blender with a strawberry and a fork (don't ask). I only wore mascara on one eye the other day. I backed into a pole in the parking lot at my office. I tripped and almost fell at the Post office (during their rush hour). I spilled two week old coffee on myself and smelled like curdled milk the remainder of the day...nasty! Please let me remind you that these events have all happened in the last month. I could go on but I want to have some dignity left.

As I am writing this I am laughing to myself and during those moments I laughed...out loud. You know what? It felt good to laugh about it! I use to get so wound up about the stupid things that happened to me. This may be a shock to you, but they happen all the time! Some were out of my control and others were not. Yet they happened! What would it do to be frustrated over them??? Nothing!

Proverbs 31:25 says "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." Although this is talking about women I think it can be applied to anyone. If we are told to laugh at the unknown days to come why don't we laugh at the days that are? We steal those moments of joy and instead choose to be frustrated and annoyed. God created laughter and He loves to see us enjoy and embrace it! I am sure He was laughing when I wore my shirt inside out or broke the blender! He desires that I share that moment with Him! How fun it is to laugh with God! We should never steal that moment away from Him and give it to Satan. We don't need to be so serious all the time. God desires that we live life "abundantly" not annoyingly! Sometimes we need to laugh at ourselves as He joins in on the laughter!

He's Big and I'm Little ( & laughing),
~Bets
betsbol@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment