Thursday, January 5, 2012

He's Big....



I try really hard not to make a sarcastic comment when people notify me that I am little. Like somehow I had no clue that I am the size of a 4th grader? Look at the picture! My favorite...not seriously a fave...I hate actually...is when people say "wow, you're little!" Oh the unholy urge to say "no duh, Sherlock!" I have never had a day go by that I have forgotten that information. I wear kids clothes for heavens sake. My life is a constant episode of little people big world. Yet that information in and of itself does not bother me...it's a fact. This is who I am! What bothers me though is when I forget who God is! When I forget the size of my God!

I serve a God that spoke....yep He said three words "let there be..." and it happened! He formed the world by the words of His mouth (Genesis 1), He opened the womb of the barren (Genesis 17), He brought a prisoner to the palace (Genesis 41). He parted the Red Sea for Moses (Exodus 15), He made the sun stand still for Joshua (Joshua 10), He protected Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendego from the fiery furnace (Daniel 3), Daniel from the Lion's Den (Daniel 6), David from being crushed by Goliath (side note: David was not very tall or strong...love it 1 Samuel 17). He protected Rahab from destruction (Joshua 6), and Esther from annihilation (Esther 4). He healed the woman that had the issue of blood just by the power in His hem (Matthew 9), He made the lame walk, the blind see, raised Lazarus from the dead (John 11), lived,died, and rose again (my favorite), struck Paul blind on the road to Damascus (Acts 22), broke the chains of prisoners (Acts 12),made Philip time travel...look it up (Acts 8), brought the hard hearted sinner a new heart, and He came to live inside you and me...just name a few!

We serve a VERY BIG GOD! Not just because of what He did, what He can do, or what He will do! I serve a BIG GOD because that is who He is! He is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, He holds the world in His hands, and He LOVES to do great and mighty things which we know not (Jeremiah 33:3)! Why do always remember how small we are? Or how big our problems are? Yet fail to remember HOW VERY VERY BIG our God is? If He can do all those things and more through the average person, why don't we believe He can do it for us? May we stop questioning the goodness of God or the power He possesses. He could crush us with His pinky...in fact His pinky fingernail...yep I said it! Yet He chooses to use that miraculous power today in our lives for our good and His glory (Romans 8:28)! How do we forget that information? We are blinded by the mountains of insurmountable circumstances or suffering instead of looking to the author, perfector, and finisher of our faith! We must look to Him and say "God, move these mountains!" He parted the sea didn't He? Well let's stop sulking and let's start praising Him for the BIG God He is, who through Him makes us not so very small anymore!

He's BIG (for real people)and I'm Little (obviously),
Bets

betsbol@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment