Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Someday My Prince Will Come...


                               Source

Yes, I love Disney Movies and I am proud of it! One of my very favorite princesses is Snow White! She makes pale skin look awesome and she was kind to the little people! Automatically I am endeared to her! I can sometimes be too much of a deep thinker and I begin to analyze these movies as if I were the princess. I often wonder how I would feel if my dashing Prince Charming was there one minute and gone the next. There I was minding my own business having a concert in the forest talking to animals in my high pitched voice. Then I was almost murdered by a man called to protect me, sent into the woods ALONE (raputre now!) where trees attack me, and then taken in by 7 balding, somewhat chunky (let's be honest) men...oh what a fairytale...not! Yet, my favorite part of the entire movie is when we see her reaction to this mess! She sits in the living room and sings to the dwarfs. She says "someday my prince will come, someday we'll meet again, and away to his castle we'll go, to be happy forever I know!" I am dumfounded by Snow White's resilent attitude! I mean she suffered loss, heartache, and dissapointment. She had every right to be bitter and angry at the circumstances life had dealt her! Yet, she is confident of one thing; that the Prince she met and is in love with is coming back for her and her happiness will never end! Her eternal perspective puts mine to shame!

When life gets hard and situations are difficult I don't go prancing around my home singing Snow White's tune...but why not? Jesus said He is coming back and He NEVER breaks His promises! He said He was coming to provide a way, He did! He said He was sending a Helper, HE DID! He said He is coming again, HE WILL!!!! John 16:22 says "So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and NO ONE will take your joy from you." Not an evil stepmother or leaving all you love behind can steal that joy!  If we lived like Snow White on a daily basis, understanding that even though we can't see our Prince He is fighting for us, loving us, and protecting us! He gave His life for us...Snow White can't even claim that! Yet, she trusts her prince more than we do! We don't always trust that He is coming back or that He has our best interest at heart! Unlike, Snow White though, we have His love letter written to us! We know the ending! Snow White trusted he was coming for her with childlike faith...where is our princess faith???In the end we see a kiss from her prince awakes her from her poisonious induced coma. Jesus provided a way for us to be set free from our sinful induced life! We owe Him everything... including living a life of faith when we don't see the Happliy Ever After...cause we know... someday you and I, will leave this life behind and "away to heaven we'll go, to be happy FOREVER I know!"

He's Big (and my prince) and I'm Little (living a fairytale),
    Bets
betsbol@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment