Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Don't Mind Me...I'm Just Prayin' for
                       the Rapture

Do y’all ever feel this urgent need to pray for the Rapture? Well…I often find myself doing this after an awkward moment that I am usually the cause of…I live in a state of constant awkwardness…it drives my brother crazy! Or I do this before an event when I feel so anxious I might just upchuck my sweet tea. This is how I felt when Shay Robbins, an amazing man of God, husband to one of my dearest friends, and the Men’s Director at K2, told me that I would be sharing my testimony at FUAGNEM (Boys side of kamp morning meeting). Most of you cannot imagine why I would be freaking out. My experience with boys other than my family and close friends have been, well let’s be honest, less than awesome. It always made me so nervous to be around boys that I end up snorting when I laugh and incessantly babbling about nothing. So I pictured myself getting up on the stage and snorting my way through the story that God has graciously given me. Every time I pictured this nightmare I prayed for the rapture.
Needless to say, obviously the rapture did not occur and I ended up going on boy’s side of kamp. I got up on stage and did not see Jesus riding on His white horse so I prayed what I should have been praying all along… that He would speak and I opened my mouth and watched the Lord speak through an awkward babbling Betsy. It was awesome to see how He used my weakness and fear to completely strip me of my flesh and gave me a gentle reminder that it is ALL HIM and none of me! So all in one day I went from extreme anxiety and nausea to being humbled and confirmed that it is NOT ME but MY SAVIOR who speaks! So if you are reading this and feel utterly and completely incapable or on the verge of upchucking due to what comes next remember “WE ARE INCAPBALE;” however, when we cling to this verse we find freedom from vomiting: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).  Sometimes He strips us of all that we are comfortable with so that we will crawl into His righteous right hand and allow His strength to work through us!


 He’s Big and I’m little,
     Bets

No comments:

Post a Comment